This page provides access to downloadable aerial photo image files for use with your software. Many of these aerial photos may also be viewed on-line with the Topofinder or through web services. Please consider whether a map service might meet your needs before downloading this imagery.
Statewide Color Photographs
U.S. Farm Services Agency National Agricultural Imagery Program (NAIP), 1-meter resolution. The 2013 photos are county mosaic images in UTM coordinates. The 2005-2011 photos are in Montana State Plane coordinates, units meters, datum NAD83. These photos are stored in MrSID format which is a compressed file format to allow for easier data transfer.
Other Aerial Photos
- Statewide Black and White Photographs, 1990-2003
- US/Canada Border Photographs, 2009
- Helena, 2006
- Helena, 2004
- Butte, 2002
- Gallatin Valley, 2001
Photos of the Flathead Basin
Photos of the Yellowstone River
- 2011 Stillwater, Yellowstone, Treasure, Rosebud, Custer, Prairie, Dawson, Richland, Williams, and McKenzie Counties. These files are quite large (2-15 Gb). Please contact us if you are unable to download these files and need us to send them to you.
- 2007 Sweet Grass, Treasure, Rosebud, Custer, Prairie, Richland, and McKenzie Counties
- 2004 Stillwater, Yellowstone (west), Yellowstone (east), and Dawson Counties
- 2001 Color Infrared
- 1999 Park County – north half – south half
- 1997 Flood
- 1977, Glendive to ND Line
- 1973, Park County
- 1954, Park County