This page provides access to downloadable aerial photo image files for use with your software. Many of these aerial photos may also be viewed on-line with the Topofinder or through web services. Please consider whether a map service might meet your needs before downloading this imagery.
Statewide Color Photographs
U.S. Farm Services Agency National Agricultural Imagery Program (NAIP), 1-meter resolution. These photos are in Montana State Plane coordinates, units meters, datum NAD83. These photos are stored in MrSID format which is a compressed file format to allow for easier data transfer.
Other Aerial Photos
- Statewide Black and White Photographs, 1990-2003
- US/Canada Border Photographs, 2009
- Helena, 2006
- Helena, 2004
- Butte, 2002
- Gallatin Valley, 2001
Photos of the Flathead Basin
Photos of the Yellowstone River
- 1950s Black and White
- 1976 Black and White
- 1977 Color
- 1997 Flood, Black and White
- 2001 Color Infrared
- 2004 Color Photos
- 2007 Color Photos
Other Aerial Photos Sources
- U.S. Geological Survey Aerial Photo Finder
- U.S. Dept of Agriculture Aerial Photography Field Office
- The GIS departments of Montana's local governments may have other aerial photographs.
- NRCS Geospatial Data Gateway